It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of a full passport, with the correct validity for your chosen destination.

Lone parents travelling with children
Single parents or other adults travelling alone with children should be aware that some countries require documentary evidence of parental responsibility before allowing lone parents to enter the country or, in some cases, before permitting the children to leave the country. For further information on exactly what will be required at immigration please contact the consulate of your destination country (this information can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs website

Travel Visas
You must have all visas (and vaccination) certificates that are necessary to enter or pass through any countries involved in the journey or tour. Please check requirements by contacting the relevant embassy or consulate.
You can also visit who provide a visa service for selected destinations.

General Note: Some countries refuse admission to travellers not meeting their accepted standards of dress or appearance (even if they hold a visa). Entry may also be refused to certain countries if your passport bears stamps or visas (valid or expired) for Israel. Please note it is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct, current information in good time before departure and that you act on it.


We recommend VisaFirst, a company who specialise in visa processing. Please visit their website to download visa application forms, follow links to important embassy websites or make general enquiries about their visa service.
Travel Health

Travel Health Vaccinations

When trips visit remote areas or developing countries, we normally recommend immunisation against typhoid, tetanus, polio and hepatitis A. Parts of East Africa and South America ask for an International Certificate of Vaccination against yellow fever. Malarial prophylaxis should also be taken in some areas. Cholera vaccinations are not officially required by any country. However, in practice, a cholera vaccination certificate may be asked for by border officials when arriving from, or travelling into, an infected area: especially at land borders.
Make sure you obtain the protective vaccinations necessary for the countries you will be visiting. Although your Trip Notes will highlight any required immunisations for your trip, we emphasise that these may vary with changing circumstances. Your General Practitioner or travel clinic will advise you of the most up-to-date information. If you do need to arrange vaccinations, you should contact your General Practitioner or travel clinic at least two months before departure. It’s advisable to shop around, as costs do vary between centres. Availability of yellow fever vaccine will vary from centre to centre and travellers may need to be referred to, or to seek out, alternate centres in order to be vaccinated.

Remember to carry your International Certificate of Vaccination with you on holiday if you are required to prove you have the correct inoculations (and leave a photocopy at home). These must be signed and stamped by a doctor who administered the injections.

For further information on vaccinations visit

You can also get information on clinic websites like or

For holidays in the EU / EEA you should obtain an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) before departure, from the HSE. This is available online at
An EHIC is not, however, a substitute for appropriate travel insurance.